Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"Easter Lily Impressions"

Foregoing any religious significance of the Easter Lily, I wish to make a few comments as to the impression of the Easter Lily in my life. As a child , I would wait in anticipation for the Easter Lily to emerge. I would always imagine the spring with it's warm sun air enveloping me. I dreamed for the day of the soft rain cascading on the tin roof of the old farm house I once lived in. Spring was always special but it wasn't official until the Easter Lily blossomed in majestic beauty. Bold yet delicate, soft in it's display, the Easter Lily has always been a personal favorite of mine. The poetry of this flower is in it's design. As my childhood clamors in my memories, I cherish the moments of my past. I share these moments with my family and will pass on to my grandchildren the beauty of this important ritual. For nothing is more important to me in life but life itself.
Standing with my wife at 6:00 pm. I took this photograph of the Easter Lily. I share this with you and I hope your memories will inspire you as mine have me.
hrallen

2 Comments:

Blogger Veedubya said...

You have a wonderful blog. Interesting to include work you admire as well as your own terrific photos. This photo with your description of the Easter Lilly looks like a jonquil, not a lilly. But it's a wonderful photo as are the ones of the cherry blossoms. Thanks!

April 17, 2006  
Blogger hrallen said...

My interest for publishing this post is to draw attention to my childhood memories of spring. Thank you for for comments.

April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home